Fog Software acquires and provides operational support and a pathway to small businesses looking to continue their legacy while growing and maximizing their brand. With an emphasis on offering access to capital and a deep understanding of best practices, Fog is committed to ensuring the businesses that fall under their umbrella are supported on every level – from daily operations to tech and web support. When they needed help with 17 WordPress site migrations to a new server, they knew that missteps were not an option.
Site Migration Challenges
Migrating one site can be challenging. Migrating 17 can be a nightmare if you don’t have a well-thought out plan and the experience to ensure nothing is missed and downtime is reduced or eliminated. With their own internal resources maxed out, Fog relied on Flair to create a comprehensive, detailed, staged-approach to a migration plan. The 3-phase project required dozens of interactions between experts and stakeholders across three organizations.
- Migrating multiple sites can introduce risks and cause delays without a dedicated team
- Needed comprehensive, staged plan
- Wanted to eliminate downtime
- Needed to coordinate with key Fog IT members, individual stakeholders at each business unit, and developers and digital marketing managers on the Flair team
- Changing servers can result in slower speed performance issues
- Required data and performance tracking before, during and after migration
Flair Interactive’s Solutions
Flair created a migration plan, coordinating with key members of both the Fog team and the individual business unit. They delegated internal and integral point people from the Flair team to serve as developers, head up QA, track metrics, be on-call for the switch, monitor post-migration site activity and provide updates as needed.
- Determined priority for sites to be migrated in a phased approach
- Created a migration plan
- Developed trackers to monitor and record data during all phases of the migrations
- Coordinated with Fog IT to create times/dates for each migration
- Communicated with individual business unit stakeholders
- Conducted pre-migration analysis, recording site stats (speed, etc.)
- Identified and documented existing site issues before migration
- Successfully launched 20 sites
- QAd/monitored site performance and uptime before and after migration
Let’s Get Started!
Reach out today to learn more about how Flair can help you with all of your digital marketing strategies and needs.