McDonald’s, a global leader in franchise restaurants, operates in more than 60 countries around the world. Restaurants are owned by owner-operators and franchisees with access to many of McDonald’s global resources and departments, including Marketing, Restaurant Operations, Real Estate Development, Quality, Legal and Training, Learning and Development.
Increase in New Users
Increase in Request a Demo Conversions
Digital Marketing Challenge
McDonald’s struggled with developing an intranet that would serve all of its groups and needs, because the network of owner-operators is so vast and the information is so dense and globally distributed.
An intranet redesign was needed, including the implementation of a Content Management System (CMS) to aid in maintenance efficiency and to ensure consistency across sites.
- Wanted to design a robust intranet portal that served multiple internal and external audiences
- Needed multiple language options
- Required consideration of connection speed within other countries
- Required complicated personalization and customized information
Flair Interactive’s Solutions
Flair stakeholders worked closely with McDonald’s team members across every department within the corporate headquarters and around the world. Step one was to identify requirements and understand existing content and systems.
The AccessMCD portal launched in multiple phases over time and is still live. McDonald’s now enjoys a truly global intranet and has saved thousands of dollars in site maintenance and training costs.
- Developed a taxonomy
- Created a content migration plan
- Defined a new site structure and functionality
- Documented and trained IT, Marketing and Communication teams regarding user experience and content strategy best practices
- Implemented a new CMS to maintain content on a daily basis
- Trained a huge, global group of content managers who would be utilizing the CMS
Let’s Get Started!
Reach out today to learn more about how Flair can help you with all of your digital marketing strategies and needs.