by Super Admin
Need to get a web site or blog up and running quickly? Find out how in these WordPress Crash Course videos.
I frequently help my clients set up their blogs and web sites, then maintain them after launch. However, some people want to do it themselves—either because they like playing with new software and tools or because they don’t have the time or money to hire someone like me.
That’s where this WordPress crash course video series comes in. You can learn the basics of setting up a WordPress site or blog yourself, then utilize Flair or other pros only when you need us.
This on-demand crash course includes more than 35 short videos that you can watch anytime–even on your iPad!–and a handy checklist that you can utilize to make sure you’re completing all of the necessary setup steps. You’ll learn how to:
- choose and set up a domain name (note that you can do this through Flair too)
- set up a hosting account (ditto!)
- create pages and blog posts
- upload images
- optimize your site for search engines
- choose and install plugins and other add-ons
- control spam
- add sidebars
- install and manage themes (pre-built designs)
- embed YouTube videos
- set up social sharing for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and other social networking tools
- set up automatic weekly backups
- use Google Analytics to track your web site traffic
- and much more!
What are you waiting for?
And don’t forget–after you’ve watched these videos, let us know if you need Flair’s help with your monthly hosting. Enjoy!