by Julie Lyons
Creating content on a regular basis can be a real struggle for almost everyone. At times, it can even be very frustrating when you can’t think of anything clever or engaging to post on your businesses social media sites.
Flair Interactive Services has created a list of content ideas to help inspire you on future social media posts.
- Greet your followers and fans with a simple “Good Morning” or at the start of the new week or month.
- Remind people of your hours of operation or hours of customer service, if applicable. You should also post dates on when your business will be closed or closing early, such as holidays.
- Remind people of your services and products.
- Promotions: Advertise a current or upcoming promotion you may be running.
- Contests: This could be something simple such as those who share or like a status update or photo that you’ve posted are entered to win an item or gift card. You could also ask a trivia question with the first person to reply with the correct answer winning a prize.
- Tips/Advice: Give a helpful tip. If you have a restaurant or deli – provide a cooking or kitchen tip, such as “How to easily peel hard boiled eggs.” If you have a hair salon – promote a product or give a hair styling tip.
- Facts: Share facts about your product(s) or company.
- Polls: Ask your followers for their opinions. For example, if you have a bakery and you’re going to add a new do-nut to the menu – provide your audience with a few flavor choices and ask which is their favorite.
- News: Share news posts that relate to your industry. If you are a local business, consider sharing important news or community updates and events.
- Event/Holiday Photos: Share photos of special events, holiday photos of employees or the business, if decorated.
- Vintage photos or Facts: Currently, Throwback Thursdays (#tbt) and Flashbak Fridays (#flashbackfridays) are popular. You could post an old photo of your business or employees. Or post a fact about your company such as the year you were founded.
- Quotes or Words of Inspiration: Share a famous quote or create your own. You can even add them to an image for a higher probability for sharing. A few free sites (at the time of this post) to try are QuotesCover, pinwords, Canva or Chisel.
- Share and Like other page posts or photos on a weekly basis.
- Ensure you are responding to questions or comments that your business may receive on your social sites.
As an additional option, Flair Interactive provides online marketing services including managing social media accounts. Contact us for more information and let us handle the content!